THE BIG SLEEP
by Chandler, Raymond
- Near-fine book in like jacket
Silver Spring, Maryland
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Big Sleep is a crime novel by Raymond Chandler, the first in his acclaimed series about hardboiled detective Philip Marlowe. The work has been adapted twice into film, once in 1946 starring Humphry Bogart and Lauren Bacall, and again in 1978 starring Robert Mitchum. The story is noted for its complexity and is heavily influenced by classic Greek tragedy, with many characters double-crossing each other and many secrets being exposed throughout the narrative. -
Read More: Identifying first editions of THE BIG SLEEP
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Type Punch Matrix (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE BIG SLEEP
- Chandler, Raymond
- Book condition
- Used - Near-fine book in like jacket
- First edition
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Mystery,Books to Film
Terms of Sale
Type Punch Matrix
We work hard to meet our ethical responsibility to describe material accurately. All items are guaranteed as described and may be returned for any reason within 30 days. Please notify us before mailing a return.
We guarantee the authenticity of our items. All items are original (meaning not facsimiles or reproductions), first editions (i.e. first printings), unless otherwise noted.
All items subject to prior sale. Expedited, overnight, or international shipping, as well as other carriers, may carry additional costs beyond quoted rates. All orders are packed with great care and receive tracking information, as well as a direct contact in case of any questions.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please contact us.
About the Seller
About Type Punch Matrix
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.