Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Good+ Jessie Willcox Smith illus David McKay Philadelphia (1923) reprint hardcover 4to, 100 pages, 11 color plates by Jessie Willcox Smith, color paste on pictorial cover. Eleven stories of famous child characters in fiction with beautiful full color plate for each by Jessie Willcox Smith. Front cover paste on shows Alice surrounded by characters from Wonderland. Light soiling to bottom of page 49 and light random foxing. The binding is worn at extremities and the spine ends are reglued. Light cover soiling and rubbing; otherwise a clean tight copy with all plates present and in VG condition. Half title page with owner's name and reverse of frontis with Christmas gift inscription.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Pages Past Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Boys and Girls of Bookland
- Smith, Nora Archibald
- Book condition
- Used - Good+
- Quantity available
- David McKay
- Date published
- children's juvenile illustrated
Terms of Sale
Pages Past Books
All items returnable promptly for refund.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.nz member since: 2006
Kingston, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Pages Past Books
Located at 75 Pearl St., Kingston NY with hours by Chance or Appointment. Website is www.pagespast.com
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.