Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
by Gilbert, Elizabeth
Standard Delivery: 10 to 22 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Viking, 2010. First edition. Hardback. Good +/very good. Hardcover 1st Edition in dustjacket. Signed without inscription by the author on the title page with her characteristic short scribble. A good copy with minor edgewear and a bit of a forward cocking at the base of the spine. Text is clean and unmarked and the binding is solid. Very good unclipped dustjacket with minor shelfwear at the edges and bumping to the top of the spine panel. 285 pp., Gilbert's follow up to Eat, Pray, Love continuing the story of her relationship with Felipe.
The #1 New York Times bestselling follow-up to Eat, Pray, Love --an intimate and erudite celebration of love. At the end of her memoir Eat, Pray, Love , Elizabeth Gilbert fell in love with Felipe, a Brazilian living in Indonesia. The couple swore eternal love, but also swore (as skittish divorce survivors) never to marry. However, providence intervened in the form of a U.S. government ultimatum: get married, or Felipe could never enter America again. Told with Gilbert's trademark humor and intelligence, this fascinating meditation on compatibility and fidelity chronicles Gilbert's complex and sometimes frightening journey into second marriage, and will enthrall the millions of readers who made Eat, Pray, Love a number one bestseller.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Tangible Tales (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage
- Gilbert, Elizabeth
- Book condition
- Used - Good +
- Jacket condition
- very good
- Quantity available
- First edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Autobiography Marriage Self Help Relationships Memoir Eat Pray Love Signed First Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Tangible Tales
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.