Dreams From My Father; A Story Of Race and Inheritance
by Obama, Barack
- very good
Standard Delivery: 8 to 15 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Published in 1995, this lyrical, unsentimental, and compelling memoir, the son of a black African father and a white American mother searches for a workable meaning to his life as a black American. It begins in New York, where Barack Obama learns that his father--a figure he knows more as a myth than as a man--has been killed in a car accident. This sudden death inspires an emotional odyssey--first to a small town in Kansas, from which he retraces the migration of his mother's family to Hawaii, and then to Kenya, where he meets the African side of his family, confronts the bitter truth of his father's life, and at last reconciles his divided inheritance.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
After reading 'The Audacity of Hope' I wanted to know more about how President Obama's background formed the upbeat, altruistic, intelligent ideas in his book.After reading 'Dreams From My Father', I ordered seven copies for family and friends. 'Dreams From My Father' shed light as to how Mr. Obama was able to formulate his humane, international, open, non-judgemental globallly informed, multi-cultural view of how best to lead America. It would be a wonderful book for American Middle and High School students to read and learn from.
- The First Edition Rare Books, LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Dreams From My Father; A Story Of Race and Inheritance
- Obama, Barack
- The Unrevised Proof Copy, or Galley Proof, of Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama.
- Book condition
- Used - Very good
- Quantity available
- Unrevised Proof Copy / Galley Copy
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Times Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Michelle Obama, President Obama, Obama administration, democratic national convention, john kerry, inscribed copy, President bush, President trump, The Audacity of Hope, Dreams From My Father, Michelle Obama Becoming
Terms of Sale
The First Edition Rare Books, LLC
- Items lost or damaged during shipping will be refunded by the shipper.
- Please notify us before returning merchandise by email or phone.
- Sales tax will be added to purchase price where applicable and noted on your invoice.
- Deferred billing available upon request.
About the Seller
About The First Edition Rare Books, LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- number line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...[more]
- first state
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]
This Book’s Categories
- Politics, Government and Law Law Enforcement Political Biography
- Biography & Essays Biography & Memoirs Autobiography
- Countries & Cultures North America United States Americana
- History Western History United States History
- Social Sciences Cultures & Social Groups African American Studies
- Politics, Government and Law Politics