Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.
by OBAMA. Barack
Standard Delivery: 8 to 15 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Published in 1995, this lyrical, unsentimental, and compelling memoir, the son of a black African father and a white American mother searches for a workable meaning to his life as a black American. It begins in New York, where Barack Obama learns that his father--a figure he knows more as a myth than as a man--has been killed in a car accident. This sudden death inspires an emotional odyssey--first to a small town in Kansas, from which he retraces the migration of his mother's family to Hawaii, and then to Kenya, where he meets the African side of his family, confronts the bitter truth of his father's life, and at last reconciles his divided inheritance.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
After reading 'The Audacity of Hope' I wanted to know more about how President Obama's background formed the upbeat, altruistic, intelligent ideas in his book.After reading 'Dreams From My Father', I ordered seven copies for family and friends. 'Dreams From My Father' shed light as to how Mr. Obama was able to formulate his humane, international, open, non-judgemental globallly informed, multi-cultural view of how best to lead America. It would be a wonderful book for American Middle and High School students to read and learn from.
- Orpheus Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance.
- OBAMA. Barack
- Black cloth spine, ivory paper-covered boards.
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- Quantity available
- First edition / First printing.
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Times Books,
- Place of Publication
- New York:
- Date published
- 403 pages
- Bookseller catalogs
- Politics; Memoir;
Terms of Sale
Check, Money Order, or Cashiers Check with order unless credit has been established. Credit cards are accepted through PayPal and the Biblio site. Books may be reserved by telephone (425-351-6959) or Email (email@example.com) and will be held for 1 week pending payment in full. Note: When we state First Edition we are speaking of a First Printing. We strongly recommend that you call or Email to reserve books prior to sending payment via mail. Please telephone between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Pacific Time. Make Checks Payable To: Orpheus Books. Washington state residents must include 9.5% sales tax. International orders must be paid in U.S. currency and will be shipped at different rates. We ship via the U.S. postal service, FedEx and UPS unless other arrangements are made. If you select surface mail, it will be shipped via media rate. Oversize and heavy shipments will accrue additional charges. Returns may be made within 7 days of receipt and must be insured at full value and received in the same condition as when sent. Prior notice of return is appreciated.
About the Seller
About Orpheus Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A technique of printing where the inked image or text is ...[more]
This Book’s Categories
- Bindings & Editions Modern First Editions
- Politics, Government and Law Law Enforcement Political Biography
- Biography & Essays Biography & Memoirs Autobiography
- Countries & Cultures North America United States Americana
- History Western History United States History
- Social Sciences Cultures & Social Groups African American Studies
- Politics, Government and Law Politics
- Philosophy Western Philosophy Political & Economic Philosophy Politics
- Biography & Essays Biography & Memoirs Sports Biography