by Herbert, Frank
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The first in the epic science fiction series of the same name, Dune is set on the desert planet Arrakis, host to "the Spice" - the most important resource in the universe, needed for interplanetary travel and coveted for its effects on longevity and granting incredible psychic powers among humans. Amidst an intergalactic power struggle, would-be heir to the planet's stewardship Paul Atreides is cast out into the desert to die following a coup. Joining a group of zealots called the Fremen, Paul soon becomes considered their messiah - Mahdi - and recognizes in them a formidable fighting force with whom he can retake control of Arrakis. Dune won both the Hugo Award for Best Novel and the Nebula Award for Best Novel.
Read more: Identifying first editions of Dune
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Browsers' Bookstore (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Herbert, Frank
- Book condition
- New LikeNew
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Chilton Book Company
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Hassle-free returns. All major cc's accepted, as well as PayPal, checks, money orders, cash, bitcoin/ether/litecoin, or store credit.
We only upload to Biblio once a day, so our fulfillment ratio is lower than we like (thus only 1 or 2 stars by our name.) If you're buying a textbook or new release, go ahead and order it--we'll fill it if we can.
About the Seller
About Browsers' Bookstore
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- number line
- A series of numbers appearing on the copyright page of a book, where the lowest number generally indicates the printing of that...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.