Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Pantheon, 1994. First Edition, First Printing. Hardcover. Fine/Fine. Light fading to a small section of blue top stain, yet still rich in color. Light rubbing to dust jacket front and rear panels. Signed on the title page by the author. Author's second book of fiction and second novel. "Good Benito is a wonderfully original, deeply moving, and wryly funny novel about the clash between the absolutes of science and the vagaries of human experience." -from the dust jacket. Lightman's novel Einstein's Dreams was an international bestseller and has been translated into thirty languages. It was runner up for the 1994 PEN New England / Boston Globe Winship Award. Einstein's Dreams was also the March 1998 selection for National Public Radio's "Talk of the Nation" Book Club. The novel has been used in numerous colleges and universities, in many cases for university-wide adoptions in "common-book" programs, and is one of the mostly widely used texts in American colleges today. More than two dozen independent theatrical and musical productions have been based on Einstein's Dreams. Lightman's novel The Diagnosis was a finalist for the 2000 National Book Award in fiction and has been adopted by high school teachers of Advanced Placement English. In 2007 Lightman released his most recent novel, Ghost, an examination of the dichotomies of the physical world and the spiritual world, scepticism and faith, the natural and the supernatural, and science and religion. In 2009, Lightman published his first volume of poetry, a book-length narrative in verse titled "Song of Two Worlds."
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Joseph S. Serrano, Bookseller (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- Good Benito
- Lightman, Alan
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition, First Printing
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Joseph S. Serrano, Bookseller
(If photos of a book I have for sale are not included in the listing, I will be happy to provide one for you.) Fine is our highest grade; all book dust jackets are in archival covers. All our books that are described as First Editions are also First Printings, unless indicated otherwise. All books are guaranteed to be as described. We issue a full refund, including shipping costs, for returns due to an unstated defect or other mistake on our part. Please ask any questions before placing your order. All books are subject to prior sale. Books are shipped within 48 hours of payment confirmation.
About the Seller
About Joseph S. Serrano, Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]