Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin, 1902. 10 of 12 volumes, uniformly bound in original gilt-stamped maroon cloth, with top edges gilt. About 300-400 pages per volume with maps and illus. Each volume indexed. A nice bright set in very good to fine condition. "...After about 1885 his written work dealt primarily with American history, particularly with the colonial and Revolutionary periods. As with all his philosophical works, these did not reflect original scholarship; rather they were lucid syntheses of numerous sources and were widely popular." Missing Vols 1 and 12 all others present. Clean and tight. Discovery of America Vols 2 and 3, Old Virginia and Her Neighbors Vols 1 and 2, The Beginnings of New England, The Dutch and Quaker Colonies in America Vols 1 and 2, New France and New England, and The American Revolution Vols 1 and 2. Overall clean tight set.. Standard Library Edition. Cloth. Very Good+/No Jacket - Issued. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- DBookmahn's Used and Rare Military Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Historical Writings of John Fiske (10 of 12 Vols)
- Fiske, John
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket - Issued
- Standard Library Edition
- Houghton Mifflin
- Place of Publication
- Boston, MA
- Date published
- John Fiske, American Revolution, Americana
- Bookseller catalogs
- Americana; History; American Revolution;
Terms of Sale
DBookmahn's Used and Rare Military Books
Books may be returned within 7 days if not satisfied.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.nz member since: 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About DBookmahn's Used and Rare Military Books
Specializing in quality military history books on the Napoleonic Wars, Civil War, WWI and WWII, German military and Vietnam. We also sell new Schiffer and Fedorowicz military books at 20% discount from publishers list price.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]