Knots and Crosses
by RANKIN IAN
Standard Delivery: 14 to 30 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Knots and Crosses is a 1987 crime novel by Ian Rankin. It is the first of the Inspector Rebus novels. It was written while Rankin was a postgraduate student at the University of Edinburgh. In the introduction to this novel, Rankin states that Rebus lives directly opposite the window in Marchmont that he looked out of while writing the book.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- James M Pickard, ABA, ILAB, PBFA. (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Knots and Crosses
- RANKIN IAN
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Jacket condition
- Dust Jacket
- First Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Bodley Head
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
James M Pickard, ABA, ILAB, PBFA.
We can personally take Visa, Mastercard and debit/Maestro cards. All books are are returnable if found not to be as described, please contact us first. James M Pickard (Rare Books) is proud to be a full member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association (ABA), the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and The Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association (PBFA).
About the Seller
About James M Pickard, ABA, ILAB, PBFA.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]