Mastering the Art of French Cooking
by Child, Julia; Louisette Bertholle; Simone Beck
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a two-volume French cookbook written by American author Julia Child, Simone Beck, and Louisette Bertholle, both of France. Written for the American market, it was published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1961 (Volume 1) and 1970 (Volume 2). Widely credited with bringing French cuisine into the American home, it has since become a standard in the culinary world. Originally, a third volume was planned but Child lost interest in the project as her television career took off and so Simone Beck published separately what would have been the third volume as Simca's Cuisine .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking
- Child, Julia; Louisette Bertholle; Simone Beck
- Book condition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Alfred A. Knopf | Borzoi Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts
1) We are professional booksellers and adhere to the standards of our professional associations, both in terms of describing books and offering redress in case of a discrepancy.
2) The prices of all material offered for sale on our web site, or on the databases to which we subscribe, are net in US dollars, and each item is subject to prior sale. Normally payment in full must be received before an item will be shipped. If sending a cheque, money order, or purchase order, it is advisable to contact us first to request that the book be reserved for you pending receipt of payment.
3) Payment to Black's Fine Books and Manuscripts may be made by cheque drawn on a US or Canadian bank; bank draft; credit card (MasterCard, VISA, AMEX, or Diner's Club); or by PayPal (our PayPal ID is our email address: email@example.com).
Please note that we reserve the right to delay shipment of any book paid for by cheque, until the cheque has cleared the payer's bank account. If paying by money order, please make sure that you purchase a form of money order which may be cashed in Canada (i.e., an international money order).
4) Payment with order, please. We do not send any item out on approval unless prior arrangements have been made. Legitimate book dealers, with whom we have established a reciprocal arrangement, and any member of the ABAC, ABAA, ABA, or an ILAB-affiliated national organization, may apply for a trade discount on any proposed purchase. Canadian purchasers will be charged GST. Known academic institutions, or libraries, may be billed upon receipt of a purchase order.
5) Any item purchased from Black's Fine Books and Manuscripts is returnable (postpaid) to us within ten days of receipt, if it is found to be substantially different than as described. However, we guarantee any item we sell to be authentic as to provenance, or state of issue (i.e. if we claim a book is a first edition, we guarantee it to be such). If our description of a book in regard to provenance or state of issue is in error, it may be returned to us (with prior notice, please) for refund within one year of purchase.
We do offer a layaway arrangement on more expensive items: generally where the purchase price exceeds $1,000. Typically, the purchaser should offer to us a down payment and propose acceptable terms of payment. We do not charge interest on payments made according to such an agreement. The item being purchased will be shipped upon receipt of payment in full. If payment is not made in accordance with the terms of the layaway arrangement, then the deposit and any payments will only be refunded after we have re-sold the item in question, and deducted our re-selling costs (if any).
We can provide digital photographs or scans, sent as .jpeg attachments, of any item in stock. In making such a request, please be as specific as possible as to the views you would like to receive. Please bear in mind that it is not practical for us to provide photos to people doing research, or seeking to compile a library of digital images, and that we are less inclined to send photos of an inexpensive book (due to the time and effort it requires), in the absence of a demonstrable need or reason on the part of the would-be purchaser.
Please send any further questions by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seller
About Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]