REPORT on the TOPOGRAPHICAL SURVEY of the ADIRONDACK WILDERNESS for the year 1873
by Colvin, Verplanck
- NEAR FINE book. 8vo, (1-5),6-306pp.
Lyndonville, New York
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Karski's "Story of a Secret State" stands as one of the most poignant and inspiring memoirs of World War II and the Holocaust. With elements of a spy thriller, documenting his experiences in the Polish Underground, and as one of the first eyewitness accounts of the slaughter of the Jews by the German Nazis.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
incredible. i am sure that it is not an overstatement that this book is one of the most important books i will read in my lifetime. the book was written during the holocaust of world war two. this means the story is not a after the fact history of events but, rather, a real time report and cry for help to the world by the author, jan karski. the book is as relevant today as it was then and i promise that once you pick it up you will not put it down. as a child of holocaust survivors, i hope and pray there will always be a Jan Karski who will not stand by idly while others are being massacred. please read this book!
- Quiet Friends (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- REPORT on the TOPOGRAPHICAL SURVEY of the ADIRONDACK WILDERNESS for the year 1873
- Colvin, Verplanck
- Book condition
- Used - NEAR FINE book. 8vo, (1-5),6-306pp.
- 1st thus.
- Weed Parsons
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 1874 (1st 1873)
- NEAR FINE book. (11) b/w single page plates & (9) fold out maps or, views, of which (5) maps are in color or color outlined., 1, survey, adirondacks
Terms of Sale
Visa, M/C, MO, Check. Shipping is free for a "regular" weight book. But for heavier books, and multi volume sets, we ask for any additional postage. Basically we pay the first $3.
About the Seller
About Quiet Friends
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- 1st thus
- Indicates that this is not the first appearance of a book in print, but that this is the first appearance in a substantially...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]