A Room of One's Own.
by WOOLF, Virginia
- Bookplate on pastedown; otherwise a bright, fine copy in a bright jacket with several tiny chips.
Rochester, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A Room of One's Own was first published in October 1929 in the UK and USA alike as a limited edition run of 492 numbered, signed copies. The first English edition and impression was released three days later with the Vanessa Bell dust jacket, published by Hogarth Press, the Woolfs' own publishing house. The first US edition was published by Harcourt Brace & Co.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- A Room of One's Own.
- WOOLF, Virginia
- Publisher's cloth in dust jacket.
- Book condition
- Used - Bookplate on pastedown; otherwise a bright, fine copy in a bright jacket with several tiny chips.
- First edition.
- Published by Leonard and Virginia Woolf at the Hogarth Press,
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 172 pp.
Terms of Sale
Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
About the Seller
About Jeffrey H. Marks Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback. Also... [More]