Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Secret Paris of the '30s is the compilation of the well-known but never-seen "secret photographs" of Brassai. This evocative photographic memoir is affectionally captioned by the photographer himself, and reveals the forbidden Paris of the 1930s - its brothels, whores, pimps, and opium dens. A must-have for any fans of Brassai or playwright Henry Miller, who often accompanied the photographer on his trips to the underground.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Voewood Rare Books
About the Seller
About Voewood Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]