The Sun Also Rises
by HEMINGWAY, Ernest
New York, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Scribner, 1926. hardcover. fine. Handsomely rebound in full crimson morocco, ornately gilt spine. New York: Scribner's Sons, 1926. First Edition. Fine.<br/><br/> First issue with the Scribner seal and the misprint on page 181.<br/><br/>
Based on real events and acquaintances of Hemingway, Sun Also Rises is about American and English expats in Pamplona.
On Feb 25 2011, Pichardofa said:
This was the one book I never read from EH. I have to say it is an outstanding achievement of the human experience. What a book! Finishing it gives you a feeling of what's real, eternal and why our lives are full of contradictions.
On Aug 12 2010, Catherinej said:
This book is a classic for any shelf. I recommend starting out with this story if you're not familiar with Hemingway's work.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
Terms of Sale
Argosy Book Store
All items are offered net, subject to prior sale. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt--please contact us first. Payment by Visa , Mastercard & American Express. Appropriate sales tax will be added for all N.Y. State residents
About the Seller
Biblio.co.nz member since 2004
New York, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Argosy Book Store
We are a large retail store, with 6 floors of out-of-print and rare books, (including, Americana, modern first editions, history of medicine and science), antique maps and prints, autograph manuscripts, letters & signatures.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- A book in which the pages have been bound into a covering replacing the original covering issued by the publisher.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]