The Venture Book
by Elinor Mordaunt
- very good
- Very Good/Good
Buffalo, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Century Co., 1926. 1st Edition . Hardcover. Very Good/Good. 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall. Vibrant orange and black cloth covered boards with trace edgewear and rubbing, and bumped spine ends and corners. Trace soil to text block. Jacket in new archival mylar sleeve has edgewear, creasing, rubbing, uneven sunfading, and numerous small chips and tears; flaps are not clipped. Binding slightly shaken and slanted. Text clean. Interior lightly toned. Well illustrated with b/w photos and sketches by the author. No previous owner names, stickers or stamps. Not ex-library. Scarce!
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Albion Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Venture Book
- Elinor Mordaunt
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- 1st Edition
- The Century Co.
- Date Published
- pacific islands, travel
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.nz member since 2021
Buffalo, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About Albion Books
Albion Books deals in fine used, out of print and rare books on a wide variety of topics. Specialties include Buffalo/New York history, science, religion, occult, and foreign language. The proprietor has been in the antiquarian book business since 2006.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book.... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A hardcover in which the text block is loose, but still attached to the binding.
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical... [More]