Seattle, Washington, USA
BanditBooks specializes in Antiquarian, Collectible, Fine Binding, General Stock, Modern Firsts, Music, Signed.
Search the inventory of BanditBooks
BanditBooks specializes in selling new and used books, ephemera, printed and recorded music. My Biblio store has an ever-changing inventory of newly published releases, along with rare and collectible media. Questions and offers are always welcome. My professional goals include providing quality merchandise, accurate descriptions, and great customer service. Positive feedback is always appreciated if you are happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your order, please contact me. I am confident that my customer service, return, and refund policies can address any concern. Thank you for visiting!
Terms of sale for BanditBooks30 day return guarantee within the USA, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Book sales within the USA include free USPS media mail shipping. Expedited shipping is available upon request. International shipping is also available upon request and multiple orders can often be combined under a single shipping cost.
Payment Methods Accepted
Browse BanditBooks by Category
Interview with Mark Francis of BanditBooks
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I grew up in a family of professional antique dealers. I have been collecting books and other media since childhood. I am now a professional book and music dealer with over 20 years experience.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I started as a collector, which meant bookselling was not far behind.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- My parents.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I sell all kinds of books and media, but my speciality revolves around historic music, both printed and recorded.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- Giuseppe Verdi, Rigoletto, Facsimile Edition. Published as part of the celebratin on the fortieth anniversary of the composer's death. Also a rare first edition of Giacomo Puccini's La Fanciulla del West.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Happy customers of course! As well as connecting with other dealers and collectors.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- Sadly, no. Overhead costs are a bit high for this small independent seller.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- I do not own a brick and mortar bookstore. But if I did, it would be cats all the way.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Too many to list... Among those still open: Rodgers Book Barn (Hillsdale, NY); Loganberry Books (Cleveland, OH); Magers & Quinn (Minneapolis, MN); Magus Books (Seattle, WA)
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- I read most genres of fiction and non-fiction. I collect primarily antiquarian music, scores and ephemera.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Gustav Mahler, Symphony No. 2, First Edition, Full Orchestra Score, Privately Bound in Black Leather. The price would have to be quite generous for me to consider selling it.