Winfield, Illinois, USA
booksnvintage specializes in Collectible Cookbooks, Historical Books, Illustrated Children's Books, Out Of Print Quilting Books, Rare Bookstore Books, Regional (Midwest), Self Published Books, Signed Copies.
Search the inventory of booksnvintage
booksnvintage is an on-line bookseller that specializes in more contemporary books that are hard to find, first editions, educational, or in some way special.
Biblio Member Since2008
P.O. Box 156Winfield, IL 60190 USA
Terms of sale for booksnvintageSeller provides delivery confirmation.
Payment Methods Accepted
Featured Books from booksnvintage
Rare Books from booksnvintage
Interview with Linda of booksnvintage
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I listed my first book in 2008.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I have always had my nose in a book. I can remember my mother letting me bring bags of books home from the library when I was a child. When I could no longer fit another book I started to whittle down my collection.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- No I was self taught.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I have a lot of books that are regional to the Midwest. It must be those Little House on the Prairie books I loved as a child which got me interested in the history and people in this region.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- I sold a salesman's sample for a book written by U.S. Grant shortly before his death.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- The hunt through estate sales to find a treasure such as an association copy for Six White Horses which included a memorial card from J.F.K.'s funeral.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- I prefer to work online although I do have a space at The Antiques of Winfield, Winfield IL. It is the next town over from Wheaton which has the Billy Graham Center and the Theosophical Society. I am in a suburb of Chicago.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- No, although we allow our customers to bring in their pets.
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- We back up to the creek and had a terrible flood. Fortunately my booth is on the second floor so nothing of mine was lost.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Biblio's rare bookroom is quite a treasure and a good place to learn about rare books in other areas of interest.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- I went through a phase when I collected children's books because I like the illustrators. My favorite is Arthur Rackham.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- I have a limited edition book signed by Arthur Rackham, The Chimes, which is listed and not too expensive.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- I am just starting to learn about art books, through Biblio's rare book room. I can't put my finger on just one that I would buy.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- I guess I would not need my check book which would be a blessing. I would want my two books illustrated by Arthur Rackham.