Michael's Pride and Joys
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Michael's Pride and Joys specializes in B.C. History, Military History, Serious Non-Fiction, World History.
Search the inventory of Michael's Pride and Joys
About Michael's Pride and Joys
I am solely disposing of my books at my wife's urging as she wants all gone before I drop off the twig
Biblio Member Since2014
Michael's Pride and Joys
309-11 Cooperage PlaceVictoria, BC V9A 7J9 CAN
Phone: 250 361 1436
Terms of sale for Michael's Pride and JoysFor shipments to the USA or Canada, return within 14 days of delivery for full refund of book cost AND if the fault is mine, full refund of your return shipping cost by cheapest method. For shipments elsewhere, full 14-day refund of the book cost but not for return shipping unless I was at fault in my description.
Payment Methods Accepted
Rare Books from Michael's Pride and Joys
Interview with Michael O'Hagan of Michael's Pride and Joys
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- Just now
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I am not drawn to bookselling. I have been dragged kicking and screaming to let all my treasures wander off to other bibliophiles before I go off to join the great library in the sky.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- No, and I probably need some.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I know a lot about my books and their authors and aim to impart this knowledge in my descriptions. I am too late to learn how to grade "fine" or "very good" and instead describe every defect. You won't see blather like 'may contain traces of coffee and marmalade on some pages."
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- A Geneva bible of 1580, printed in the reign of that other Queen Elizabeth, the one rumoured to have been a boy substituted for the murdered daughter of Henry the Fat
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- I hate it
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- no store
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Russell's in Victoria. Nice people.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- The bible. Anson's Voyages. My 1846 atlas. I have no choice. Sell I must within whatever time is left for me to care for my wife
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- Never happen
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- One above all: the King James for it's beautiful language.