Port Dover, Ontario, Canada
Olmstead Books specializes in Biography, Collectible, First Editions, Hardcovers, History, Paperbacks, Religion, Sporting.
Search the inventory of Olmstead Books
About Olmstead Books
We are a family run online business and we look forward to helping you expand your library."A room without books is a body without soul" - Cicero
Terms of sale for Olmstead Books
Our entire inventory is listed in US currency. If contacted directly for an order, we accept Interac e-Transfers, Personal Cheques, and PayPal. Biblio.com accepts credit cards on our behalf.
All books are usually shipped within two business days on receipt of payment (excluding Sundays and holidays). US and International book orders are shipped through the United States Postal Service (USPS). Books paid by personal cheque must allow for the cheque to clear the bank. We will then email the buyer on the shipping date. Oversized or heavier books MAY require additional postage. All books are returnable within 14 days past the estimated delivery date and must be returned in the same condition as originally shipped. Prior notice, by email, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, is requested before returning a book. Please note the reason for return. The buyer is responsible for return postage.
Photographs of our inventory are available upon request. To ensure that you are fully satisfied with your purchase, we strongly recommend that you contact us by email, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone, 519-583-1436 regarding any details that are important to you pertaining to the condition or contents of the book. If contacting us by telephone, please leave a message on our answering machine.
Please bookmark this site and check back often. We look forward to serving you.
Payment Methods Accepted
Interview with Susan & Ken Olmstead of Olmstead Books
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- March 03, 2003.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- Always enjoyed reading and we wanted something to do when we retired.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- Older books without ISBNs.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- "St. Austin's" by P.G. Wodehouse, 1st Edition.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Discovering what books people want and shipping worldwide.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- No. We have never had an open storefront, although people have come to our home to browse.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- Yes, we had our dog, Autumn.
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- Autumn ate a book when she was a puppy. Thankfully not a rare book!
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- We buy books from all over so no really favourite bookshop.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- Good mysteries, historical romance, horror and local history. We collect Diana Gabaldon, and Dean Koontz to name a few.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Susan's favorite book is "The Little White Horse" and no it is not for sale.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- Guttenberg Bible.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- Ken's choices: SAS Survival Manual, The Odyssey by Homer, and War and Peace. Susan's choices: The Golden Treasury of Poetry, Les Miserables, and the Bible.