Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Orielis' Books specializes in Children's Books, Fantasy, History, Large Print, Mystery, Science Fiction.
Search the inventory of Orielis' Books
About Orielis' Books
Orielis' Books has been selling online since August, 2002. We specialize in Mystery, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Children's Books (both vintage and recent), Large Print books, and a small but growing selection of Military and general history.
Terms of sale for Orielis' Books
All books are subject to prior sale. We accept payment with credit cards, personal or business checks, money orders, and PayPal. We can accept credit card purchases directly or via Biblio.com's shopping cart or through PayPal. You may return a book for exchange or refund within one month of the time you receive it. Please e-mail us beforehand with the problem and we will try to resolve it to your satisfaction. For books that are not "As Described", we will pay media mail return postage.
Payment Methods Accepted
Featured Books from Orielis' Books
Browse Orielis' Books by Category
- Military Fiction
- Military History
- Mystery - Agatha Christie
- Mystery - Arthur W. Upfield
- Mystery - Dick Francis
- Mystery - Dorothy Sayers
- Mystery - Edgar Wallace
- Mystery - Ellis Peters
- Mystery - Erle Stanley Gardner
- Mystery - Georges Simenon
- Mystery - J. A. Jance
- Mystery - J. D. Robb
- Mystery - Margaret Maron
- Mystery - Margaret Truman
- Mystery - Michael Gilbert
- Mystery - Sue Grafton
- Nora Roberts
- Rex Stout
- Romance - Betty Neels
- Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Science Fiction and Fantasy - Andre Norton
- Science Fiction and Fantasy - Anne McCaffrey
- Science Fiction and Fantasy - Arthur C. Clarke
- Science Fiction and Fantasy - Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Science Fiction and Fantasy - Katherine Kurtz
- Science Fiction and Fantasy - Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Science Fiction and Fantasy - Robert Heinlein
- Thriller - Espionage
- Thriller - Espionage - Alistair MacLean
- Thriller - Espionage - Helen MacInnes
- U. S. History
Rare Books from Orielis' Books
Interview with Robert E. Holland III of Orielis' Books
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- 2002. I had been a lifelong avid reader and finally took the plunge into selling books online.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- Science fiction, mysteries, history, military history, children's books. With the exception of the last category, these are all genres that I spend a lot of time when I am reading.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- The one that stuck with me was "The Exploration of Mars" by Willy Ley and Wernher von Braun. I have always been a science fiction fan and a big space travel supporter, so this book was close to my heart. And, as I said in my description, sometimes it really is rocket science.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Finding the books and then trying to describe them for potential customers.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- No storefront although we have been selling books at science fiction conventions for a number of years.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- No living pets.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- Science fiction galore, nowadays especially military sf. I've a number of favorite authors that I try to keep current with including David Weber, John Ringo, Dave Drake, Eric Flint, Mercedes Lackey, Orson Scott Card, and many, many others. I also read a lot of military history books, especially covering the Civil War, WWII, and the Korean War. Plus mystery and thrillers although not quite so many of those recently.