Body of Work: Meditations on Mortality from the Human Anatomy Lab
by Christine Montross
- very good
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
A "gleaming, humane" ( The New York Times Book Review ) memoir of the relationship between a cadaver named Eve and a first-year medical student Medical student Christine Montross felt nervous standing outside the anatomy lab on her first day of class. Entering a room with stainless-steel tables topped by corpses in body bags was initially unnerving. But once Montross met her cadaver, she found herself intrigued by the person the woman once was and fascinated by the strange, unsettling beauty of the human form. They called her Eve. The story of Montross and Eve is a tender and surprising examination of the mysteries of the human body, and a remarkable look at our relationship with both the living and the dead.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- ThatBookGuy (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Body of Work: Meditations on Mortality from the Human Anatomy Lab
- Christine Montross
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Penguin Books
- Place of Publication
- New York, Ny
- Date published
- BODY OF WORK MEDITATIONS ON MORTALITY FROM THE HUMAN LAB ANATOMY THANATOLOGY DEATH DYING CHRISTINE MONTROSS
- Bookseller catalogs
- Medicine; Biological Sciences; Death and Dying - Thanatology;
- MEDICAL / General; PSYCHOLOGY / General; SCIENCE / Life Sciences / General;
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
All of my books are guaranteed. If you are not pleased with your book, you can return the book within 10 days for a full refund.
I can process your charge cards directly or you can place your charges through Biblio. If you want me to process your charge, I will send a secure link to you for payment. If you prefer phone contact, I will be happy to take your information over the phone.
I can also accept your personal check (U.S.). If you pay by check, there will be a 7-10 day wait for check clearance before I can ship your book.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...[more]