Am Here Books
Eden, Maryland, USA
Am Here Books specializes in Academic Books, Poetry.
Search the inventory of Am Here Books
About Am Here Books
Am Here Books has been in business since 1970 and our main speciality is modern poetry. Recently we have expanded our interests and now include books published from the 16th century onwards and in a variety of fields. We take pride in our careful descriptions of books and always pack books carefully in ordedr that they might arrive in your hands in the same shape that they leave here.
Am Here Books
Terms of sale for Am Here Books
All books are returnable for any reason within 30 days.
Payment Methods Accepted
Featured Book from Am Here Books
Browse Am Here Books by Category
Interview with Richard Aaron of Am Here Books
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- What drew you to bookselling?
- Love of books
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- Miss Steloff at the Gotham, Larry Wallrich, Bob Wilson
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- 20th Century Poetry with an emphasis on the Irish, the American South, 18th Century English Imprints with a connection to Samuel Johnson,
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- THE BOOK OF HOURS - A unique scrapbook by William S, Burroughs but there are many other books that remain in my mind - the books, while gone, have left n enduring impression.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Building collections for wise ones. I am currently building one of the great 21st century collections of Natural History plate books from the 15th cntury through the early part of the `19th century. A great and wonderful education!
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- Not currently but many years ago in Philo, California I had an open shop.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- No, other than the books.
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- The night the pipes burst and water was everywhere.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- They have all gone or have moved, Maggs at Berkeley Square, the Phoenix on Jones Street, Serendipity in Berkeley but, actually, Donld Heald in New York has a most wonderful establishment right now and also a dog which counts greatly.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- Utter trash and books of exploration and discovery and I do not collect though I seem to have an ungodly number of shoes. And reel to reel tapes.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- At my age all must go - I have no favorites.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- The great series that was done of the Napoleon's opening of Egypt - what majestic plates those are!
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- The Bible, the Ashendene Ecclesiastes, The great Temple of Flora by Thornton