Cheryl's Book Nook
Canon City, Colorado, USA
Cheryl's Book Nook specializes in Contemporary Romance, Fiction, Historical Romance, History, Mystery, Non-Fiction, Science Fiction, Sets/Series.
Search the inventory of Cheryl's Book Nook
About Cheryl's Book Nook
There are over 60,000 books on the main floor for display with many others listed on net. All genre (science fiction, mystery, fiction, contemporary romance, historical romance, non-fiction, history, etc.) includes paperbacks and hardbacks. My speciality is putting together sets in all genre. If you don't see the book listed in my online inventory, send an e-mail as I just may have a copy on the floor. I opened the store in Dec. 1976. with only 1500 books and have grown through the years until the present location in 1983. Come check us out on facebook.
Cheryl's Book Nook
Terms of sale for Cheryl's Book Nook
We appreciate your business. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, money orders, and checks (however, we do not ship until the check/or money order has cleared the bank). All orders are processed as soon as possible. Any refunds or returns will be handled within 30 days of purchase.
Payment Methods Accepted
|Tuesday||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
Featured Books from Cheryl's Book Nook
Browse Cheryl's Book Nook by Category
- Advance Reading Copy (ARC)
- Audio Books
- Autographed - Signed
- Childrens-Young Adult
- Christian Biography
- Contemporary Romance
- Fiction - Historical
- Fiction - Novel
- Fiction - Religious
- Gothic Suspense
- Graphic Novels
- Historical Romance
- History - American
- History - Ancient
- History - Foreign
- History - War History
- Home Schooling
- Native American
- New Age
- Non-Fiction - Hobbies
- Non-Fiction - Home
- Non-fiction - Humor
- Non-Fiction - Literature
- Non-Fiction - Masonic
- Non-Fiction - Misc
- Non-Fiction - Political
- Non-Fiction - Reference
- Non-fiction - Sports
- Non-Fiction - Travel
- Regency Romance
- Romantic Suspence
- Science Fiction-Fantasy
- The Arts
- True Crime
- Women's Studies
Interview with Cheryl Owens of Cheryl's Book Nook
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I started in 1976 with a small (12 x 16 foot) building and have grown over the years to a much larger location.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I love books and reading and want to share them with others. There was not a used book store in our community at the time.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I try to put together sets in all categories--science fiction. contemporary romance, historical romance, mysteries, etc..
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- The customers, whether they are online or in store. I have a great diversity of personalities.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- I have an open storefront -- a bricks and mortar store -- that was built in 1872.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- I had a small miniature black poodle named Gypsy that everyone loved. She was the official greeter and playmate for young children ( or old children/adults)
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- We have a resident ghost that has made his presence known, been seen, and touched various customers and employees. We don't know who or why he is here.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- I enjoy Barnes & Nobles as well as Hastings.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- I read all categories--I have a thirst for knowledge and fantasy. I collect mysteries, science/romances/ and general fiction.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Bible -- several copes in various translations.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- Bible, anything by Anne McCaffery, Sherlock Holmes, or Diana Palmer.