Studio of Books
Hanson, Kentucky, USA
Studio of Books specializes in Fiction, Biographies, History, Non-Fiction, Old, Used And Rare Books.
Search the inventory of Studio of Books
About Studio of Books
Selling books online since 2011.
Studio of Books
Terms of sale for Studio of Books
Shipping within 48 hours and usually same day. All United States shipments include tracking. A book may be returned 14 days after receipt for a refund if found unacceptable.
Payment Methods Accepted
Browse Studio of Books by Category
Interview with Diana Hargrove of Studio of Books
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I started in April of 2011.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- My library of reference materials for pottery and ceramics.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- Actually, no one person. In 2014 I went to CABS.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I have, over the last few years, come to realize my main interest is non-fiction. I have many art and specially Ceramic books.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- To date, I would say, Magic of Psychotronic Power, by Robert B. Stone.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- The search for and discovery of a special book. Then having a customer who wants it.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- My shop is open by appointment.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- I have two pets who hang with me while I work. My Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Tinker and my grey free range cat called Yoda.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- I don't currently have a favorite. I belong to a book group at the local college and we read mostly fiction and specifically southern writers. I have always collected reference materials for whatever I happened to work on at the time, like ceramics.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- I will say,because of the engravings and the age, The Biblia Ectypa by Christoph Weigel, 1695. The whole bible story is beautifully executed in copper engravings. I would consider selling to an institution.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- Catlin's North American Indian Portfolio, 1845.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- The Collected Works of Robert Frost, The Wilderness Survival Guide, The Complete Paintings of the Louvre.