Blanchard, Michigan, USA
Tangible Text specializes in Non-Fiction, Science Fiction.
Search the inventory of Tangible Text
About Tangible Text
The photos that you see of the book described are of the actual book you get. No stock photos here. I am conservative and specific as possible in describing book condition. Completionists encouraged...Tangible Text appreciates those who insist on real books. Tangible Text: The physical book...in your hands.
Terms of sale for Tangible Text
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Items ship usually next business day.
Payment Methods Accepted
Interview with Bret Bernard of Tangible Text
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- In 2014 briefly with a brick and mortar location. Decided to concentrate exclusively online in late 2016.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I was surprised at the general availability of used books. I see books as having a comeback wave like record albums have in the past few years.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- One in Michigan whom I shall not name only because he might not want the attention anyway. And my grandmother on my dad's side. She saw my interest in reading at a very young age and bought many library discards for me as a kid.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I will describe book condition as vividly as I can.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- I read, therefore it's nice to see others read.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- Yes, short-lived, but yes.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Mecosta Book Gallery, Mecosta MI USA
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- Non-fiction, old radio books, very old encyclopedias.