The Crooked Old Book
LOWELL, Massachusetts, USA
The Crooked Old Book specializes in Antique, New Age, Vintage, Vintage Childrens.
Search the inventory of The Crooked Old Book
About The Crooked Old Book
We are an online used book seller that has been in business since 2011. Our specialties are vintage, antique and new age books.
Biblio Member Since2018
The Crooked Old Book
716 CHELMSFORD ST
Unit 301LOWELL, MA 01851-5126 USA
Terms of sale for The Crooked Old Book14 day return guarantee, buyer pays return shipping costs. Items must be in the same condition when returned as they were when shipped to buyer.
Payment Methods Accepted
Browse The Crooked Old Book by Category
Interview with Wendy Rosa of The Crooked Old Book
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I started selling books in 2011 after a conversation with the a Librarian
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I started selling books when I had more than six hundred books in my house. I wanted to donate them to my local Library, but they said they were giving their books away to a local online book seller, and why didn't I try that instead of giving them away.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- I didn't have a mentor, but started small.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I love antique books and like to offer one's that I don't keep to people that would like that title.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- I have had and still have so many amazing books I wouldn't be able to single one out. What I think is wonderful someone else may think is junk.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- The best part of being a bookseller is the email you receive when your buyer gets their book. They are so excited.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- I don't have a store, I have been thinking about a small shop when I retire, which has an atmosphere similar to the old curiosity shop
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- I may have a cat wandering around, I would have to think seriously as there are people with allergies.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- I collect Sir Walter Scott, Charles Dickens, Alexandre Dumas, and Nancy Drew books, I get so excited when I see an edition by a published that I don't have.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, this is my favorite book and I have sold many copies.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- If money were no object I would purchase the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- The three books that I would bring onto a desert island would be Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens ( I still haven't figure out if Little Dorrit and Arthur are related), Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil and The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas