by Dunbar, Paul Laurence
- very good
- Very Good/No Jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Dodd, Mead and Company, 1904. Decorated green cloth binding (white/yellow/lt. green) with gilt titles. Top edge gilt, foreedge deckled. Illustrated with B&W photos by Miner. Sewn binding, printed on coated paper. Very good copy with faint stains to upper 1/2" of leaves but gilt edge unaffected. Back board also fainly discolored by wax (affecting finish but not color). Some rubbing to front board, wear at corners, sunned at spine. No DJ. Text block very good plus with normal aging to paper, a few grease spots. 123 pp.. 1st Edition. Hardcover. Very Good/No Jacket. Illus. by Leigh Richmond Miner. Book.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- citynightsbooks (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Li'L' Gal
- Dunbar, Paul Laurence
- Leigh Richmond Miner
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- 1st Edition
- Dodd, Mead and Company
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Poetry; African American Literature; Literary Firsts;
Terms of Sale
- Books may be returned within 15 days in the same condition in which they were purchased. Please contact us first via e-mail.
- We do not accept discretionary returns or third-party sales.
- We regard the US Postal Service scans as proof of delivery.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.nz member since 2004
Ask Seller a Question
Out-of-print, rare and antiquarian books, literary firsts and signed editions.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause slight... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book.... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- top edge gilt
- Top edge gilt refers to the practice of applying gold or a gold-like finish to the top of the text block (the edges the pages... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]